Sleeping problems are often a common occurrence because many people do not get enough sleep. People may not get enough sleep for reasons such as stress, working too many hours, partying and even health conditions. This then leads to sleep problems which also causes the person to get less sleep. It’s a cycle.
On the other hand, there are sleep conditions where a person might be sleeping too much or may be having issues while still asleep. As well as, there are people that are affected by sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, insomnia, and sleepwalking. There are also health issues that may affect sleep such as anxiety and depression.
Apart from that, people seem to just not be able to get adequate rest and as such we will look into a few ways on how to prevent basic sleep problems.
A Sleep problem may be defined as not being able to get at least 8 hours each night because of some lifestyle reason.
Common causes of sleep issues:
- Having too many incomplete tasks
- Partaking in activities during sleep time
- Not being sleepy
- Noise ‘
- Too much light
- Too cold or too hot
- A hard day at work
- Babies or small children
22 Ways to Prevent Basic Sleep Problems
- Try to go to sleep at the same time each night
- Do not nap during the day
- Avoid having caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol late in the day
- Try not to eat heavy meals late in the day or at night
- Make your sleeping space comfortable
- Follow a fitness routine
- Listen to soothing sounds such as instrumentals
- Only use your bed for sleep and sex, not for studying, eating or work
- If you don’t feel drowsy then try to read something before bed. This can be a short story, helpful blog or a book chapter
- Practice proper hygiene; take a shower and brush your teeth before bed.
- Ensure that you are not too cold
- Ensure that you are not hot
- Block out light
- Remove light causing objects or gadgets
- Try doing stretching exercises or yoga
- Get some sun during the day
- Take a bath with Epsom salt and lavender essential oil to help you relax
- Read a bedtime story
- Drink some tea
- Get a new mattress that is well suited for your sleeping needs
Sleep problems or sleep issues are a common occurrence because many people do not get adequate rest. Said simply, sleep problems can be prevented by ensuring that you get at least 8 hours of sleep each night. In order to ensure this, you must optimize your bedroom for better sleep. Sometimes this may be difficult because change is hard. But when change is necessary then we must comply. Take these tips and start preventing sleep problems.