Blog awards mean a lot to me because it shows that my work is being read and appreciated by fellow bloggers. I want to say a special thank you to Rev, Rebecca from Beckie Writes for nominating me for this award. It truly means a great deal to me. Please check out her work and grab a copy of her poetry book which you can find the link to on her page or down below. It is a great book! Ps. All proceeds go towards her Church so it’s definitely worth supporting.
Rules of the Award
- Thank the Blogger that nominated you. (One again Thank you to Rev. Rebecca For this nomination)
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger asked
- Nominate other bloggers for the award and ask them questions
- Notify your nominees and have fun
Questions and Answers
- Imagine that an alien from Mars comes to visit you. He wants to learn about what it means to be human, but he only has time to read three-five books before he goes and encounters the rest of humanity. What books would you give him to read?
I am embarrassed to say that I haven’t read many books outside of academic books within the last 5 years. I have never taken a break from schooling and because of this majority of my time has been spent reading psychology and criminology books. I hope it is okay that these are my suggestions.
Crime Victims: An introduction to Victimology– The alien needs to know and understand the various levels that people and affected by crime and ways to help them.
Abnormal Psychology: An Integrative Approach – Everyone including an alien can benefit from learning more about mental illnesses.
Power thoughts: 365 Daily Affirmations– Let’s teach Mr. and Mrs. Alien some positive habits and ways of thinking.
2019 is my year to read more books. I finally have more time on my hands and I will be spending it with my head buried in books.
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Presently, I am loving Cauliflower Crust Pizza, it’s the best pizza in the world. Here is the recipe that I use. Recipe
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Why?
Power to Heal people from illnesses.
Why? Because seeing people sick makes me sad.
- Have you ever read a book that tore out your heart and made you cry? What book was it?
Yes, This was a book I read about 8 years ago. It’s called Gianna: Aborted… And Lived to Tell about It. From the title, you will be able to know what it was about. I am not quite sure why I had this book but I imagine it was just in a pile of books that my mom bought from a ship called Logos that sails around the world selling books.
- Have you ever read a book that terrified you so much you couldn’t sleep? What book was it?
No, I haven’t, I do not like horror of any kind.
- What books would you recommend as Christmas presents?
Christmas has passed but for a recommendation, I would suggest Becoming by Michelle Obama. I find it to be a very inspiring book. I would also suggest, Through My Good Eye: A Memoir in Verse by Rev. Rebecca Holland
- What are you currently reading?
I am currently reading the book I spoke of above, Becoming by Michelle Obama.
- Have you ever read a book that was so funny it made you laugh in public? What was it?
Yes, I have. The book was The Last Black Unicorn By Tiffany Haddish.
- If you could have a dinner party with any three guests (alive or dead) who would you invite?
My 3 Grandparents that have since passed on. I would love to learn more about them, being that I grew up in another country I didn’t get the chance to.
- What advice do you have for other bloggers, especially if they are feeling discouraged?
Never Give Up. If it is easy then it is probably not worth having ie Success.
- What was the last song you had stuck in your head?
Questions and Nominations
I loved all the questions asked by Rev Rebecca and I would love to reask them with this one change
- What books would you recommend for someone to read in 2019?
- Simply Chloe
- Amanda Cade
- Khy Ye
- The Aesthetics Vida
- Tears of Art
- The Wall Flower Club