Blogger Recognition Award
Do not leave for tomorrow, what can be done today.
Hey Kings and Queens, so its Thursday and usually we have our ‘motivated people’ feature. However, for this week I am interrupting regular programming to bring you a special broadcast *Dramatic Music*.
About a week ago, I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award. I must say that I was extremely shocked to have received this award, I will tell you why below. I must also say that I am extremely grateful to have received it (my smile is as wide as the ocean kind of grateful).
I wanna take this opportunity to congratulate Tia from Tropical Tide on her nomination as well as say many thanks to you Tia for nominating me for this award, it really means a lot.
Please visit Tia’s blog and show her some love.
- You can also view her entry for this award here.
- As well as you can check out 2 of my favorite post from her blog
Rules of The Award
The rules of the award are as follows:
- Thank The Blogger that nominated you.
- 1 Once again, Thank you so Much, Tia from Tropical Tide, for this nomination.
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 bloggers, you want to give this award
- Let each Blogger know that you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
The meat of the Matter
How did my blog start?
My blog started in 2017. At that time, when I started I was in a very stressful period in my life. I was struggling with so many things and I decided to use blogging to vent, as an outlet. I wrote a few posts which I have since deleted and I have a few that I wrote but never shared. You see, my first blog did not last very long because I was never a person who enjoyed sharing my personal business. Especially, in a way that people will know exactly what I am talking about. With that, venting on my blog kept me in constant dissonance until I decided to stop.
On October 26th, 2018, I decided to start blogging once more. I decided to start blogging again as a way to pass the time. I am currently writing my research paper for my master’s degree and I have a lot of time on my hands. As such, I decided to start blogging about topics surrounding motivation and psychology (My first degree). It is my hope that blogging will eventually be a source of income, be the catapult for my first book and help me to put my degree to good use.
Why I was shocked + more
I was shocked to receive the award because I have only been consistently blogging for one month. But you see, the keyword here is consistency.
After connecting with a few bloggers, I got inspired and I came up with goals for the month of November. One of my goals was to get 500 visitors to my blog, upon checking this morning I had 501 visitors and over 1000 views. I am so happy that I met my goal and even more elated that I get to share that information with you all in this post. Thank you to everyone that has been supporting me, the best is yet to come. I have been working hard this month and I am reaping the benefits.
1 I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.
My advice to new bloggers
- Write a vision for your blog and work at it
- A vision for your blog will keep you on the path that you want to be. You must know what you want out of your blog. If its something to keep you occupied then by all means just freestyle but if you want something that will touch the lives of others while earning you an income/stipend then you must strategize. Blogging is hard work and it takes up a lot of time so eventually, if you are not earning, it will be hard to sustain unless it’s led solely by passion.
- Blogging is something that can be formed out of passion, however, it is hard to keep up with your passion if it is not a popular niche or topic. This is not to say you must forget your passion. It to say, diversify and try other unique ways of writing about your passion as well as something that will grab readers.
- Promote, Promote, Promote
- It is one thing to create content and another to have people to share it with. Since blogging I’ve had to actually start using Twitter (I’m still learning), I’ve created a Pinterest (I’m still learning) and revamped my Instagram and Facebook (Connect with me).
- You cannot rely on friends and family to support your craft. Yes, you may expect support from them but what if your content is not their interest? Will you force them to read? Find your own unique audience.
I nominate the following awesome bloggers who have shown me so much support in my first month as a consistent blogger. Thank you very much for your continued support, I can’t wait to read your entry.
- Ali from As Told By Ali
- Tiffany from Tiffany August
- Leilah from The Pink Crib
- RoseMarie from Books and Stuff
- Nathalie from Want for Wellness
- Dave from Revolutionary Musings
- Chloe from Chlxemarie
- Khy from Khy Ye
- Joy from The Joyous Living
- Carrelle from The Aesthetics Vida
- Parli from Parli Parle
- Arteria from Tears of Art
- Suzanne from FibroMomBlog
- Rev Rebecca from BeckieWrites
- Kylie from All About The Scrub Life
That’s it for today. Once again, thank you, Tia, for the nomination and thank you all for reading.
Love, Light, and Peace. Until next time.
OMG, I was not expecting this at all. Thank you so much for nominating me and recognizing me, This is so sweet of you. Xoxox
You are most welcome 🍁
Thank you so much for this nomination! I think it’s great that you studied psychology and are working on your master’s degree. I am hoping to get my D. Min. in psychology in the near future. Thanks again and keep up the great blogging! Happy Thanksgiving!
You are most welcome and that would be wonderful, I hope you do it. Thank you🦋
I’m planning to do this post in the next few days 💚