25 Daily Self-Care Ideas to help you heal you.
Self-Care simplified. In this post, I will share 25 self-care activities that you can do daily.
Sometimes self-care may sound time-consuming and expensive. This is because people may make it seem like a major thing rather than simple acts that we should be doing each day. When I think of self-care I think of things that I do for myself, that allows me to enjoy each day. These are basic things that I do to take care of my physical, emotional and spiritual well-being.
And while your at it, you can check out this printable checklist with 60 selfcare ideas that are inexpensive and can be done everyday.
When you were a child, there were daily things that your caretaker did for you in order to care for you. However, as we get to adulthood there seems to be no one (externally) to take care of us. We have our children to care for, our parents, our animals and sometimes we simply neglect ourselves.
Have you ever forgotten to eat? I have and sometimes it puzzles me that I ran my body for a whole day and I did not eat. Would you do that to your cat? or to your child? probably not. So, why do it to yourself?
Some days are harder than others and some stressors are more difficult to deal with but despite it all, we cannot and should not neglect our responsibilities and you are your responsibility.
Let’s take care of us. Here are some ideas for daily self-care.
Daily Self-Care Ideas
- Pray or do your spiritual activity.
- Cook or make something to eat.
- Take your vitamins on time, every time.
- Drink enough water.
- Write or think about a personal quote each day.
- Read a book chapter.
- Write in a prayer journal.
- Be mindful about what you are eating.
- Watch something that makes you happy.
- Take Care of your hygiene.
- Write in a gratitude journal.
- Do a basic household clean up.
- Take a walk.
- Look out the window
- Go 2 hours without checking Instagram or other social media
- Tell someone ‘I Love You”.
- Listen to a favorite song or podcast.
- Laugh ALOT.
- Tell yourself positive and uplifting things.
- Plan or prepare for the next day.
- Take a Power Nap.
- Get enough sleep every night.
- Use essential oils or other forms of aromatherapy.
- Tell your self ” I Love You -Insert your name-.
The list may seem long but the items listed will slowly just fit into each day naturally. Most days I do all the items listed and with each day, I feel better and more grateful. I decided to share this list to show how simple self-care can be.
Do you do any of the items listed every day? Share your thoughts with me.
Featured Image : https://www.pexels.com/@iamasadugger
The Newbury Girl
Great list of ideas – listening music can definitely be a great pickup and way to take care!
So true. Thank you for reading.